March 13, 2014

It is this numbing pain, this infinite moment,
This hopelessness that forever seems to last.
Reminds me of a past I thought was bygone
That juncture I thought I had moved past.

Much has changed, however, since that time
My courtiers and my jewels are all gone.
My formidable palace is now a little hut
The kingdom, once green, is now forlorn.

Yet, this unbending pain reeks of familiarity
It is a moment I have experienced before.
When all I could see was darkness ahead
When eyes were shut, hope was dead.

I take solace from the ghosts of the past,
I've overcome this before, can do again.
The journey was tough, will be tough.
The past has made me tougher as well.

They might not understand the travails,
Their sensitivity might have been lost.
But with the head held high, with dignity
I must walk this dreary path - again.


No comments:

Post a Comment